The Fife Ethylene Plant (FEP) in Scotland is operated by ExxonMobil Chemical. The 250 employees at our Fife plant have worked closely with local communities for over 20 years. The company supports and enhances local projects by providing one-off financial payments to support community led work, as well as dedicating time and resources to support larger projects tackling major social issues such as drug abuse, the environment, health and education. The following are a few of the ways we try to make a positive difference to our local community.
The latest newsletter about the Fife Ethylene Plant (FEP), Community Matters, can be downloaded below.
How to contact FEP
Phone number: +44 1383 737 000
Address: ExxonMobil Chemical,
Fife Ethylene Plant,
Fife, Scotland, KY4 8EP
Health, safety & the environment
FEP operates to the highest environmental and safety standards and we conduct continuous maintenance to ensure safe and environmentally responsible operations of the plant.
As a responsible operator we are committed to a process of continuous improvement to reduce our emissions. We recognise our responsibility to protect the environment and our operations are strictly regulated by the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA) and the Health & Safety Executive, and feature multiple safeguards to maintain emissions within safe limits set by the regulator.
Since 1989 a programme of emissions monitoring, control and reduction has been in place. Testing by Fife Council’s Independent Air Quality Monitoring Review Group (IAQMRG) has consistently concluded over the years that the operations of FEP have no significant impact on air quality in the local communities, which meets national and EU air quality standards.
See the latest IAQMRG Air Quality report.
ExxonMobil staff create 54,000 poppies for the Scottish Poppy Appeal - 12 November 2018
- Mossmorran and Braefoot Bay Community and Safety Committee (scroll down for meeting minutes and Mossmorran and Braefoot Bay Community Safety Committee constitution)
- Mossmorran & Braefoot Bay Independent Air Quality Monitoring Review Group (scroll down for meeting minutes and annual reports)
- Mossmorran & Braefoot Bay Independent Air Quality Monitoring Review Group 2016 Annual Report (published July 2017)
- Fife Air Quality – how and where the Council monitors air quality , etc.
- Emergency Resilience
- Cancer Mortality Rate Surrounding Mossmorran Plants
- Compliance Assessment Scheme (CAS)
- Compliance Assessment Scheme - Assessment Reports
- Control of Major Accident Hazards regulations (COMAH)
- Scottish Air Quality Database
- Scottish Air Quality Database – latest air quality map for Mossmorran
- Mossmorran newsletter (latest issue)
- Mossmorran newsletter sign-up form
- Mossmorran and Braefoot Bay complexes
- Warning Letters to a) ExxonMobil, b) Shell
- Permit Variations for a) ExxonMobil, b) Shell
- Position statement on Air Quality at Mossmorran
- FAQs about Mossmorran (scroll to bottom of page)
- Pollution prevention and control
- SPRI Emissions Data
- About Shell Fife NGL
- Health Safety & Environment
- Role in the community
- Community notices and contact details